Asbury Park Beach Patrol Junior Guard Program
Asbury Park Beach Patrol has a long-standing tradition as one of the oldest lifeguarding agencies in the United States. The Asbury Park Beach Patrol Junior Guard Program, aimed at youth ages 10 to 15, will teach beach safety and awareness and give participants the tools and skills necessary to become a lifeguard on our beachfront. The program will follow a curriculum developed in accordance with current Asbury Park Beach Patrol operations and United States Lifesaving Association Standards.
Junior Guard Program Details
- 6-Week Program for Youth Ages 10 to 15
- Program runs from June 28 through August 6
- Junior Guards meet Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 7:45am to 9:00am
- Registration Deadline: June 15
- No Cost for Residents (Proof of Residency required)
- Cost for Non-Residents is $100 due by June 21 (Payments can be made in-person by cash or check (made out to City of Asbury Park) at the Asbury Park Beach Office located on the Boardwalk at First Avenue)
Please note, all Junior Guards will be required for a parent/guardian to sign a waiver of liability before they can participate in the program. The waiver will be emailed or can be picked up at the Asbury Park Beach Office located on the Boardwalk on First Avenue beginning in June. Please be sure to bring the waiver with you on the first day of the program.